Windows default program vs trigger execution

Geeze ... a tricky note!

I have a job that has been successful for few times, this job has to run on a specific machine. Today, I have played around on this build machine (just update a python script on other project). Then now I run my job again and it failed.

What happen here???

Because when we first installed Python, the default program to open the py file is Python. After I use Notepad++ to edit my python script then my build machine set the default program to open the py file is Notepad++. So when I execute the py script, it will open this py file in Notepad++ and do nothing (not execute the py script). OMG, it takes me 3 hours for this trick!

So, the lesson learn is when you want to trigger a script, remember to call it explicitly with the program to run that script to avoid this confusion.

Have fun!

Comments